While trying to access phpmyadmin on WHM if you get following error:
Existing configuration file (./config.inc.php) is not readable.
FollowFollowing steps to correct the error.
1) Login to the server as root.
2) Go to the directory /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin.
[root@server~]# cd /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin
3) Check the ownership of the file config.inc.php. Check if the ownership of the file is assigned to root:cpanelphpmyadmin.
[root@server phpMyAdmin]# ls -l config.inc.php
-rw-r—– 1 root root 2409 May 25 11:18 config.inc.php
4) If the ownership is not proper set it to root:cpanelphpmyadmin.
[root@server phpMyAdmin]# chown root:cpanelphpmyadmin config.inc.php
5) Just restart the cpanel and mysql service on the server.
[root@server~]# /scripts/restartsrv cpanel
[root@server~]# /scripts/restartsrv mysql
This should sort the issue now.